Sunday, June 06, 2010

Weather?

The drive ended last night somewhere in southern Illinois. I am not entirely sure where I am, the sign on the hotel next door says “Paducah.” The TV stations on the TV include Paducah, and Cape Girardeau. But the hotel seems to have a fixation with Superman.

The name of the place is the Metropolis Inn. They have dozens of depictions of Superman in the lobby and more still in the pool house. I am not at all sure why this is, but I suppose there is some reason.

This morning, The Weather Channel tells me that I had driven right past a couple pretty bad storms. The weather for the drive was excellent, though and I made good time overall. I cannot believe the damage the storms did! It looks lovely out right now, and the only weather for the drive is a band of showers currently crossing south of Nashville.

According to the GPS I have about 400 miles left to go to get to Atlanta. I am, I guess, going to take it easy this morning, go for a swim, get a bite to eat, perhaps do a little reading before I trundle the dog into the car and head out.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you have the luxury of taking things as they come!

Don Bergquist – June 06, 2010 – Metropolis (?), Illinois, USA

2 comments:

Clark Kent said...

Hope you enjoyed Metropolis!

Unknown said...

Dear Clark,

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog!

And thanks for asking about my stay. It was nice... Though I didn't have much time there with my eyes open.

Has anyone ever told you that if you lost the glasses and let that love lock fall over your forehead you'd look just like Superman!?

Don