Sunday, June 27, 2010

Adventures In Travel II

Last evening after lunch at the farm, I stopped in for a visit with my uncle Gene and aunt Judy in Waite Park. We had a lovely visit and then I spent some time with Judy working on helping her get her arms around a photo project she wants to do.

There was a heck of a storm again last night and the news reports this morning were of localized road flooding in the cities. This is the second day in a row they have talked about flash floods due to heavy rain storms. Odd!

It was a good end to a whirlwind visit. This morning she and I shared a cup of coffee and then I jumped in the car to get to the airport. Somewhere in some other part of the building my sister should have been recently departed for Miami. (She came down with my brother last night and stayed the night in a hotel near the airport.)

But the call I received recently informed me that her flight to Tampa was in the air when there was a medical emergency on board and the plane had returned to the ground. (What is it about flights to and from Tampa? Is it because Tampa is the home of the newlyweds and nearly-deads?)

I have no other information, but hope the person is alright.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you are doing well also!

Don Bergquist – June 27, 2010 – Minneapolis International Airport, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

No comments: