Sunday, June 20, 2010

781

It is Sunday morning and the GPS reports that there are 781 miles left of my journey.

I spent the night last night just east of Jefferson City, Missouri. I had hoped to make it all the way to Kansas City, but my theory is to drive until you start feeling it might be good to stop over somewhere and then start looking.

A friend I was talking to suggested that the goal was to drive 'til I couldn't drive any more and then drive a bit further… but that is dangerous. If you drive until you can't drive any more you have nothing left for looking for a place to stop!

So we stopped at a little hotel just off the interstate. This morning, it is already 75 degrees and 80% humidity so it is going to be a roaster of a day! Time to spend it in the comfortable environs of an air-conditioned car!

The skies are clear except for a web of cirrus clouds to the east. Does this mean I have passed the weather front? Isn't that the thing about cirrus? I can't remember what I used to know about the various cloud formations. Oh well… Saga is settled in so I guess it is time to drive.

Wherever you are, I wish you clear blue skies with enough clouds to make them interesting!

Don Bergquist – June 20, 2010 – Near Jefferson City, Missouri, USA

No comments: