Saturday, June 19, 2010

1380

It is Saturday afternoon, and the GPS reports that there are 1380 miles remaining of the journey.

This morning was not good on the overall average transit time!

There was construction at the North Carolina/South Carolina border. It turned I-26 into a parking lot. There was no real reason for it but that people are incapable of merging as they should. When I got to the head of the mess and discovered that there was no problem, per se, causing the backup, I just wanted to scream "LEARN TO DRIVE!"

There was a bit of rain just before getting to Knoxville, a hard, pounding, heavy rain that may have had a bit of hail in it. That slowed traffic to a crawl, but it lasted only a few miles and then, once again, the road cleared and I should be able to pick-up a bit of time between Knoxville and Nashville.

It still appears that the norther route looks to be the better choice. The weather radar as I was going through Knoxville showed storms all the way through western Tennessee and Arkansas.

Wherever you are today, I wish you open roads and clear skies!

Don Bergquist – June 19, 2010 – Somewhere in Southwestern Kentucky, USA

No comments: