“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.”It will be a short lesson today, children, as the point that I want to make is either self-evident or one that you will never understand.
Matthew 7:6 (KJV)
Sunday, April 17, 2016
The ranting and raving of Don Bergquist on or about 4/17/2016
Sunday, April 10, 2016
Two words about a news article I saw this wee:
noun, plural civilities
1. courtesy; politeness
2. a polite action or expression:
an exchange of civilities
3. Archaic. civilization; culture; good breeding
From Middle English (of Latin derivation) "civilite" meaning "courtesy"
schism [siz-uh m, skiz-]
1. division or disunion, especially into mutually opposed parties
2. the parties so formed
From Middle English (of Greek derivation) "cisme" meaning "to split"
The ranting and raving of Don Bergquist on or about 4/10/2016
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Sunday, March 27, 2016
Friday, March 18, 2016
United States Senator
United States Senator
Dear Honorable Sirs:
I feel compelled to write you this morning after watching the news this morning and seeing your colleague, the Honorable Mr. McConnell making a thoroughly curious assertion on the news. In the interview, the leader of the Senate said that “the American people should have a voice in the selection of the next Supreme Court Justice.”
The ranting and raving of Don Bergquist on or about 3/18/2016
Tuesday, March 01, 2016
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Monday, January 25, 2016
Saturday, January 16, 2016
"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever be needed will be expressed by exactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings rubbed out and forgotten… The process will still be continuing long after you and I are dead. Every year fewer and fewer words and the range of consciousness always a little smaller. Even now, of course, there's no reason or excuse for committing thoughtcrime. It's merely a question of self-discipline, reality-control. But in the end there won't be any need even for that… Has it ever occurred to you, Winston, that by the year 2050, at the very latest, not a single human being will be alive who could understand such a conversation as we are having now?"
~ George Orwell
The ranting and raving of Don Bergquist on or about 1/16/2016
Friday, January 15, 2016
Wednesday, January 06, 2016
noun, (plural: democracies)
1. government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
2. a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies.
3. a state of society characterized by formal equality of rights and privileges.
4. political or social equality; democratic spirit.
5. the common people of a community as distinguished from any privileged class; the common people with respect to their political power.
The ranting and raving of Don Bergquist on or about 1/06/2016