Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Bad Daddy!

My father used to have a single specific justification for doing all the evil things that are necessary when you're a parent: "Because, I'm A Mean Daddy!" I am certain that must be how Saga is feeling this morning.

Early this morning, we left for a ride in the car (yeah!) but we went to a bad place; the groomer! I then left her behind and went on into town to run a few errands. When I got back a couple hours later, Saga had been bathed and had her nails clipped. She was a good girl! And I am such a Bad Daddy for taking her to bad places. It took me quite a few peanut butter treats to get back into her good graces.

But, eventually, there were enough cookies for her to forgive me. Tomorrow we leave on the next leg of our trip. It will be a short one, only into the cities. But if we are to head-out on schedule, I need to finish laundry and packing.

Wherever you are, I hope you're not being forced to do anything you dislike today!

Don Bergquist - June 02, 2010 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: