Monday, June 07, 2010

Still Heading South

Well, the weather reports I saw were dead on! I encountered the first rain just north of Nashville, it rained pretty much all the way through, and then, by the first time I entered Georgia, the weather was lovely. All-in-all, other than the small bit as I was going through the city of Nashville, the weather was great!

The Georgia Welcome Center was an interesting experience. Apparently everyone with a dog was stopping there yesterday! Saga got to meet a bunch of canine friends. And everybody wanted to meet her! But we eventually extracted ourselves from the doggie meet market and got back on the road.

We made it into Atlanta around six thirty (local time) and checked into a hotel. I spent a few hours unwinding, took a dip, and then played with Saga a while before retiring. This morning, I got up early, and got ready for my appointment here. Afterward, I will return to the hotel, change into traveling clothing, and then get back on the road and head south again.

Tomorrow: St. Petersburg, Florida!

Wherever you are today, I hope your day has started out well!

Don Bergquist – June 07, 2010 – Atlanta, Georgia, USA

No comments: