Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Graduate

I am not entirely sure what the thinking was, but the graduating class of 2010 from Lakewood High School (the fighting Spartans) began crossing the stage on the football field at the high school just about eight o’clock last evening.

The festivities, having started about an hour earlier, were progressing well and the sunset off to the west of the bleachers, while pretty, didn’t do much for those of us trying to immortalize our loved ones as they hit this milestone. At least I have pretty good camera gear (and as my best friend points out, an experienced photographer’s assistant) and was able to compensate for the failing light. I cannot imagine how bad the snaps people around me were getting with their cheap instamatic cameras.

My pseudo-nephew, James, graduated with honors, even though they were not mentioned for some reason. It seemed after the initial bout of announcing honors the rest were catch-as-catch-can. But James did graduate Cum Laude and with some advanced placement college credits. So I congratulate my pseudo-nephew, James, and wish him well on his endeavors in college this fall!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you’re having an excellent day!

Don Bergquist – June 10, 2010 – St. Petersburg, Florida, USA

No comments: