Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Poor Puppy!

It is not as if I think of these things all the time.

Saga has never, to the best of my recollection, gotten fleas. There was once when I was at my parent's place that I found a tick on her that she had picked-up running through the woods, but never, to my recollection a flea.

Apparently though, there are fleas in the sand around here and she has spent enough time outside to get them. I found one in her coat last night and where there is one...

So we went into Pawley's Island first thing this morning and we got her some flea treatment. She is now all flea free and happy again. But to get her that way, I had to take her to the bad place. (Though never having been to this vet, she didn't immediately recognize it as a vet.)

To make it up to her, I stopped and got her a number of treats. (As if the gang at the beach has any trouble spoiling her. At least they don't give her food... beyond what is actually allowed.)

She spent the rest of the day resting-up and recovering from the whole ordeal. But then, what better place to rest and recuperate?

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're not recovering from anything too traumatic!

Don Bergquist - June 16, 2010 - DeBordieu Colony, South Carolina, USA

No comments: