Monday, June 21, 2010

By The Numbers

By the numbers, It was not a bad drive at all.

With the stops for gas, food, rest, and visits, I spent just over 44 hours on the road (door-to-door. The total mileage for the trip home from the beach came it at 1,823 miles. So with a moving travel time of 23.3 hours, I averaged a moving average of 78 miles-per-hour. If you take into account the stopped time, the average speed was 44 miles-per-hour.

My gas mileage was excellent for the trip as well. I filled the tank three times en route, burning about 40 gallons overall, an average of about 45 miles-per-gallon.

In the end, I did decide to change the route a bit. Just after entering Colorado, I saw a sign advertising state road 85 through Elbert County to Castle Rock as an alternative to the I-70 Route. This is a route I have never taken, and as I live on the southern side of town, it seemed to be a good choice as I would then miss the big northward swoop of the interstate through Agate, Byers, and Watkins. I would also miss the transit through the city.

It turned-out to be a lovely drive. I am glad I chose it.

Today I have lots of unpacking to do and then I have an HOA Board meeting tonight So I guess I had best get into the "back from holiday" mode and get to unpacking and cleaning the car.

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day is a productive one.

Don Bergquist – June 21, 2010 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: