Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cycling

Well, I did it! I went out this weekend and bought a new bicycle. I've been wanting to do so for a number of weeks, but every time I head out to the shops, it is cold and rainy and the strange spring weather we had kept me from actually committing.

Yesterday afternoon, however, was so nice and I so wanted to get riding again that I threw all caution to the wind and just jumped in with both feet. I bought a Schwinn Sierra CS. It was a top-rated bicycle in Consumer Reports. I really like it but like it even more, now that I have spent most of the morning customizing it.

I've added a cargo rack, lights, a mounted lock, a cycle computer, and tire liners. It was a job, but I saved a lot of money; having the bike shop doing it would have cost me about sixty dollars. I am off to ride now… I will ride for an hour-or-so, but then I have to get back. A friend's kid has been graduated from high school and there is a party this afternoon. It is a lovely day and the trail is calling so I'll sign off now.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you'll have a great day!

Don Bergquist – May 31, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: