Thursday, May 22, 2008

Intermission

What a whirlwind of activity the past few days has been! With the gardening, the helping-out around the house and of course the cards and the games that my parents and I have spent the past few pleasant evenings with, it is no wonder the weeks seems to be passing so damn quickly!

Today is an intermission of sort. There are no big projects to do today and the big push for the party will be tomorrow... so, what is there to do today?

I woke-up this morning to the realization that it was Thursday and that today was the day that my elder siblings come in. What a riot (hopefully not literally) it will be to have all my siblings together again! How long has it been? I'd have to say that the last time we were all in the same place has been years. Perhaps as long as my sister's last big birthday party (about nine years ago).

Of course, we've had quorum since then, but this is going to be a momentous occasion. The earth may quake, the skies may tremble, the very planets may leave their orbits; the Bergquist children are getting together again. (Heaven help us all!)

Wherever you are today, I wish you a great day and a pleasant reunion with those that you love!

Don Bergquist - May 22, 2008 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: