Sunday, May 25, 2008

Headed West

Well, that just goes to show you what the sudden deprivation of the daily dose of three-or-more newscasts does to one. I totally missed the news that we'd had tornadoes in Colorado until yesterday when a bunch of people at the party asked me if I was anywhere near the damage…

"Damage?" I asked… "What Damage?"

That when I leaned that we'd had tornadoes in Colorado. From my research, they were nowhere near where I live… they were about a hundred miles to the northeast. So now, I see that I have a good day ahead for driving home. The interstate forecast is a bit iffy until I get to Sioux Falls, SD, and from there on out, it looks like smooth sailing.

The rain forecast for this morning is calling for a fifty-percent chance of thunderstorms along I-29. When I turn west along I-90, the chance drops off to 30, and the further west I go, adjusted for the time it will take me to drive the 900 miles home, the lower the chance. There is a 10% chance of showers tonight back at home…

Sounds like a wonderful day for driving and listening to books on my iPod! So, I guess I should wake-up the house and let people know I am leaving.

Wherever you are, I hope that you're having a wonderful day!

Don Bergquist – May 25, 2008 – Kensington, Minnesota, USA

2 comments:

Hyperspider said...

Actually these tornados were 1 mile of my parents house where I spent my high schools years in Waverly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly,_Colorado

Here is the local newspaper article.
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080523/NEWS01/805230329

The other town in the area is Wellington.
In 1962, President John F. Kennedy appointed Wellington High School graduate Byron White to the U.S. Supreme Court.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_White

Ok, probably, more than you really wanted to know about Northern Colorado.

Don Bergquist said...

Hey, Mike!

Thanks for the additional information. Nah, there is no limit to the things I want to know. Pick a subject, I will want to know something about it!

djb