Saturday, May 10, 2008

Where Did The Spring Go?

They are talking about a hard freeze for this evening. I hope that there are people (like me) who have still not put actual plants into the ground. (Sure, I planted Trees, but I'm talking delicate annuals.)

The common wisdom here in Colorado is to never put out the annuals until after Mother's Day. Since that is tomorrow, I know that there are a number of people who have done so… a lot of the gardens in the neighborhood look real nice. Will they all be wilted tomorrow?

The day is dark, gray and windy today but the forecast for Mother's Day (after the hard freeze tonight) is for lovely weather. Well, I've got errands to run so I should get hopping.

I hope that wherever you are today, the weather is lovely!

Don Bergquist – May 10, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: