Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May in Minnesota

Well, it's been a lovely day here in Kensington, Minnesota!

I fell asleep last night to the sounds of the loons on the lake and the owls in the woods. It's an eerie but a somehow comforting sound to go to sleep to. This morning, there was the call of some other bird, one I do not recognise. It was just before 06:00 so I lay there and dozed for a while, listening to the sounds of the morning.

When, a few minutes later, Saga decided to go crazy, practically bouncing off the walls, I decided it was a good time to get up and get active. The reason for her distress was that Dad had gotten up and was putting his dog out for the morning and Saga has to be active if anyone else in the house is! She bounded out across the yard in search of the perfect place to place her ownership marker.

Later in the day, I shot a few pictures of the garden. Here is one, I'll be loading the rest up to my galleries. How soon we get Jaded! My parents have a dial-up modem so it takes forever to get anything uploaded - or downloaded for that matter!

So, here I am, relaxing with the folks in the beautiful Minnesota springtime. Everything is full of vibrant colors, the fields; black with earth when I last saw them are starting to glimmer with green. It has been warm and wet for the past few days, I expected that they will be striated with the planted rows of corn or soybeans before I leave. What a lovely thought.

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day is a lovely one!

Don Bergquist - May 20, 2008 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: