Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Pool Is Open

It's actually been open for a week-or-so, but yesterday was the first change I had to go for a dip. What bliss!

The water is just perfect and so welcoming after the long, hot bike ride I took this morning. After having coffee and a walk with Saga, I grabbed the bike and hit the trail along the creek in the greenbelt. Much of it is how I remember it, but there are some interesting changes in the time I've been away.

There is a new park about five miles from the house and just after that, the trail has been closed; they are building a new business park across where the trail lay. It will, according to the signs, re-open soon, but for now there is a detour that takes the rider well off the original path and far from Bear Creek. Ah, well, it was a good ride.

But the pool afterward was a really great way to cool down. My neighbor has told me before that the water is just the right temperature, so I assumed it would be as warm as a bath, but no! It is a lovely temperature, warm enough that you're not shocked awake by jumping in, cool enough to be refreshing.

I had a lovely swim this morning after my ride, but now I have work around the house to do so I had best get to it. Perhaps I will go swimming again this evening.

Wherever you are this fine day, I hope that you will take time to enjoy it!

Don Bergquist – June 01, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: