Monday, May 12, 2008

Quiet Day At Home

Saga told me that she wanted to spend the day at home. We walked in the park early (around sunrise) and the she wanted to snooze in the sun. Yesterday as was nice as could be. It was the kind of day that made me want to take a piece of ground cover across the street to the park and let Saga sleep in the sun while I listened to the morning news; sitting in my chaise lounge looking over the lake at the bright morning sky.

Unfortunately, Saga had no interest in staying put and kept trying to wander off to explore. So, when the park started getting busy early on we headed home and I made us breakfast.

The rest of the day was more of the same; reading in the hammock chair, watering the garden, wandering aimlessly around the complex looking at other people's plantings. It is sad to think how much of these lovely plants will be gone by mid-week. That snowstorm they keep talking about on the news now sounds like it will be pretty serious. The temperatures will not get above freezing tomorrow, the snow accumulations are predicted to be 3" and above… so much for not planting until Mothers' Day!

But right now, the morning is so beautiful. There is no reason for me to think about tomorrow just yet.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you have had a lovely weekend!

Don Bergquist – May 12, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: