Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Departure

Well, the holiday is getting off to a flying start, literally!

After six hours at the office yesterday and a whirlwind job at getting what I could get done, finished, I popped the trailer on the bike and Saga and I headed over to Yvonne's place. I know that Saga figured it out. She lay on the carpet by the radiator all morning watching me carry things past her to the ground floor. (Gee! I have a lot of stuff in the UK! It's almost as if I have been living here for a while!)

My friend, Kevin stopped by at about 13:00 and we put all the stuff into his car and waited for the car to take us to the airport. After a breakfast at the pub and a bit of time spent watching television, we headed out.

At the airport, we all got through the check-in and security checks without much ado and then it was off to the bar for a beer or two while waiting. The waxing moon rose over the airport as we awaited the plane. What a great start to what promises to be a great vacation!

That was hours ago. I am now sitting wide-awake at three in the morning. The movies have failed to hold my attention, little surprise there! I have been awake for twenty-three hours now. The woman in the next seat has been tossing, turning, and jabbing me in the ribs all evening. Nevertheless, it is my overall inability to sleep on planes that has provided me the opportunity to sit here and wonder what to write about.

Oh well, we should be on the ground in a few hours. The vacation is soon to begin in earnest!

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day is going places!

Don Bergquist – 30 October 2007 – BA Flight 57, Somewhere over Africa

No comments: