Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wanker!

I have no idea why some people insist on being such wankers! They exist everywhere, but when they rear their ugly heads (or fenders, in this case) it never ceases to amaze me as to what depths they can sink to!

Today's rant is brought to you by the wanker who decided to hit me while riding my bike yesterday! I've tried to pretend that he didn't see me. I've tried to pretend that he didn't see that he was passing well into the cycle lane. I've even tried to pretend that the guy wasn't a complete wanker. There is no use.

Here’s what happened: I was on my route that takes me through New Malden and over toward Richmond. I had just cleared the Fountain Roundabout in New Malden and was headed up Kingston Road in the cycle path when the wanker came up beside me and slowed-down to match my speed. He then, very gently slipped to the left into the cycle path and nudged me with his fender. (The cycle lane I was in is in the picture to the right just beyond the bus lane; where that white van is that is just passing Balgowan Close.)

Having squeezed me all the way to the curb, nudging me over when I tried to keep rolling, and finally forcing me to squeeze the breaks rather than allowing him to completely crush me against the curb and unseat me, I stopped. This apparently accomplished his goal, for once I was stopped, he sped off.

I know that the moment I tell my friends about this today, the question is going to be: Did you get his registration number? My answer is, sadly, no. I just stared in shock and disbelief at the guy as he sped off and turned right into the next estate. I just could not believe someone would intentionally nudge a biker off the road! What a wanker!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you’re not faced with wankers today!

Don Bergquist – 16 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: