Saturday, October 13, 2007

Safari Preparations

I've been reading the guidebooks and have come to the realization that I do not have all the right gear for my coming holiday in South Africa. There are lots of things that I have heard from Angie and Terry that we will be doing that, looking in the books, it seems will require a lot of walking.

Since I do not walk a lot (I ride… I have problems with my knee and my ankle since I took that fall a few years back) I do not have my good walking shoes here and I should probably get some before heading out. (I want them broken-in before I start wearing them a lot.)

That is one of my things to do today. Other than that, I want to do some poking around in book shops for something to read on the plane. That and a ride, is about all I have on my agenda today. I'm going to close this here and get out there. It looks like it might rain a bit later on and I'd rather be done with my running around when it does.

Wherever you are today, I hope your weekend plans are unfolding nicely!

Don Bergquist – 13 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walking? What? with Kevin? Okay, a decent pair of shoes would be useful if the game park is wet, but we won't be walking huge distances, since that might lead to being eaten! And anyway, if you really need a pair, they will be considerably cheaper when we get there.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I guess you have a point. I was just thinking that having them broken-in before I have to walk in them.

But then, the relative cheapness of the rand (even against the dollar) does make it more sensable to buy them there.