Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Packing

How the hell does so much crap accumulate? It is as if stuff has just been orbiting out there and has slowly accumulated in the house around me without action on my part. I don't remember going out and getting all this stuff… And I certainly don't remember ever traveling back to the states with empty cases only to return to London with them full. So where did I get all this stuff?

My room is in utter disarray. Since Friday afternoon I have been getting everything in the house that is mine and hauling it up to my room so that I can organize and pack for my trip. I've done loads of laundry and gotten boxes to pack all the stuff that will not fit in my cases. It is daunting. Not only do I have to get everything to fit, I have to make sure that the cases (when packed) do not exceed the allowance that the airlines have.

Also, when I get to the point that I am actually leaving, I'll have two cases, a carry-on, my dog and her kennel (two sizes too large, thanks to DEFRA regulations!) and will have a nice long day ahead of me to worry about! I cannot wait!

But that is in the future. For today, all I have to worry about is getting all this stuff packed.

Wherever you are, I hope that you're having a great day!

Don Bergquist – 23 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: