Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cold and Clear

Wow! Yesterday was a busy one. I got to the office around six and didn't stop running until I left for lunch (eleven came really early – or seemed to) and then had a busy day after lunch and when I realized it was 18:00, I decided to go home.

Well, actually, I went for a bike ride before I went home. It was nice getting out in the cool evening air and riding the cares of the day away. Sure I know that there are wanker motorists who are out to get cyclists, but it is more relaxing to be riding than to be ducking and dodging to get in under the deadline at the office.

This morning is dawning cold and clear. I can see the stars above the houses across the road as I sit her writing this. Saga sniffed at the air outside when I opened the door. Then, convinced that it was just cold (which is better than wet – or wet and cold) she bolted out to sniff around the garden. I can hear her exploring under the palmetto.

It's mornings like this that I wish I hadn’t brought all cold weather gear home. I kind-of wish that I had a pair of gloves to wear while cycling in. But then, that is what makes the day interesting. And that is one of the things that keeps Marks & Spencer in business. If the cold is meant to stick around, I guess I’ll head out and buy a new pair.

Whever you are today, I hope that you're having a good day!

Don Bergquist – 18 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: