Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Another Day...

The dollar is at a new low verses the pound sterling.

I got this happy news this morning as I lay listening to Radio Four coming to consciousness. The joke used to be "another day another dollar, but after taxes you're left with about 60¢" with the pound costing about $2.10 as of yesterday's closing that means that after taxes I'm left with about 25 pence.

The morning has dawned wet and cold, which somehow seems fitting, bad news seems to be better in the rain and the gloom. It was pissing down rain when I got up. The rain has since stopped so I suppose I should let Saga run out and then head out to the office.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you'll have a great day!

Don Bergquist – 17 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: