Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Bark And Twigs

A friend of mine (you know who you are, Ma!) introduced me to muesli first a few years ago while on a trip to the beach. Her daughter derided her as liking to have "bark and twigs" for breakfast. The fact is, yes… it is a bit boring in that it has no marshmallows or huge gobs of sugar in it but it is really quite tasty!

Since I've been living over here, I have really gotten to the point where I want nothing more than a bowl of muesli with yogurt and a sliced piece of fruit for breakfast! (Okay, honesty alert here: I still love getting an omelet or the Full English Breakfast occasionally, but I eat my muesli almost every day!)

There is just something about having a bowl of toasted whole grains with a handful of nuts and dried fruits. It certainly gives me energy for the bike rides I take each morning. There is a note on one of the brands that I eat that suggests soaking it in milk over night for a creamy cereal… I am not sure about that, but I bet that it would make a great hot cereal, cooked like oatmeal!

Hmmm… next cold morning, I know what I am having for breakfast! But for now, it is time for me to finish this-up and head out for the office.

Wherever you are today, I hope you're having a wonderful morning!

Don Bergquist – 02 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: