Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hump Day

It's just after four and I am awake.

It's not as if I was in bed early last night. I was packing until about nine and then had a quick dinner, checked email and played with Saga a bit before going to bed. I slept well, better than I have been of late.

It's not entirely my choice to be up this early. Saga came up to tell me she wanted attention about half an hour ago. She sat at my bedroom door whining until she got my attention and then wanted to be let out.

It's not as if I didn't try to get back to sleep when she came in, but up is up and once I had gotten back to bed, it was impossible for me to fall back asleep. I look at the stack of stuff yet to be backed on the top of the dresser, and think of the stuff I cannot see (hidden away in the closet) and know I must get it packed.

It's going to be a long day for me but wherever you are today, I hope you got to sleep as late as possible.

Don Bergquist – 24 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: