Friday, October 19, 2007

Busy Friday

Well, I have heard the decision. At the end of my current trip, I will be headed back to the states (for good). There has been no decision made (at least nobody has told me) what my job will be when I get back to the states, but I will be returning to Denver shortly after my holiday to South Africa.

I have lots to do to get ready for going home; I have for all intents and purposes been living here for the past two years and so I have gathered lots of stuff here that I need to cull (to what goes home) and clean and pack. The fact that I am going to South Africa for three weeks only makes it more difficult. I have to pack for the vacation, and then pack for home. And as I cannot (and don't want to) schlep all my stuff to South Africa and then back here and then home, I have to do two different packing jobs.

On top of that, I had a buys day at the office. It was really a busy day. Whereas I usually finish at 50 (or so) hours for the week at noon on Fridays, this afternoon, I was still at the office at 13:30. Well, Saga wants to go for a walk and then I have lots to do… I hope that wherever you are today, you're having a great day!

Don Bergquist – 19 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

2 comments:

Hyperspider said...

Wow, what a crazy "ride" you had over there for the past 2 years. I bet you feel lots of different emotions.


Have fun in South Africa, i am very jealous! Looking forward to your photos....

Unknown said...

Hey, Mike!

Thanks!

Yeah, it has been a crazy ride. As I have been saying of late, I'm in the 83rd week of a five-week business trip! It has been a good trip and I am glad to have had the opportunity, but I guess it really is time to get back to the "real world."

South Africa! It is shaping up to be a great trip!

You can be sure that there will be pictures!

djb