Thursday, October 11, 2007

Foggy Morning

What a morning!

I left for the office a bit early. For some reason, Saga felt it necessary to wake me up early. So I brought her out and let her spend a little time in the fog. She was invisible before she hit the grass in the garden.

As I rode up the Portsmouth road, it was like being in one of those old movies you see about Edwardian England where the country is perpetually shrouded in fog. The street lights were converted to just glowing orbs. And with the use of sodium bulbs, the color was just right… one could easily imagine they were gas lights.

The only thing missing was the rumors of something wicked stalking the streets of the village. I fought the urge to howl like a wolf to add to the setting.

When I got to the office, the fog was still clinging to the island and the mainland, but it seemed to be lighter over the river. I love mornings like this!

But then I got in and had my coffee and the day began. Buy the time I was able to get away for my lunchtime ride, the fog was practically gone. Ah! Well!

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day is filled with a bit of mystery.

Don Bergquist – 11 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: