Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday On The Move

There is an odd light this morning.

It is early morning and I am sitting at my computer with my yogurt and muesli, reading my email and writing my blog. The temperatures are warm enough that I have left the back door open while I sit here enjoying the last of my breakfast, but I can tell that it is at that weird border – it is too warm to wear a jacket during my morning ride, but too chill to be comfortable without it.

I wish I had known I would be here when fall started again. Since the plan was that I was to be returning to Denver, I have most of my warmer clothing back at the house in Lakewood. I do not have a single sweater here; it would be nice to have one.

But I started with the light. It must be the light layer of mist that is bouncing the light from the streetlamps around but the garden seems to have a glow to it. It's not as if it's actually foggy, but it is not clear either. It reminds me of some of the mornings camping in the Great Smokey Mountains when I was a kid. It is that kind of a morning!

I half-expect my sister to come in any minute telling us that a bear ate Schatzie. But that is another story. The air even has that distinct smell of wood-smoke to it. Some of the neighbors have been using their fireplaces.

Sitting here and remembering camping with my family as a child is fun but it is not getting things done. Since I have decided that I didn’t need to work this past weekend, I have no idea what my inbox looks like and so I should probably get moving. Something tells me this is going to be a long week!

Wherever you are today, I hope that your Monday is a good one!

Don Bergquist – 15 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: