Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Watches

It is with just a trace of irony that I (who have never really liked wearing a watch) have just purchased one for myself! I'm on vacation. I don't wear one at home, at work! Why now!?

The answer is simple. We're all going off in separate directions for various reasons and agreeing to meet-up after we've run our separate chores. Shopping, taking pictures, walking around, going to the pub; we all have different things we want to do apart from the combined things we wanted to do together.

The choices are simple, either I can tag along with one or more of the others as they do the things that they want to do or I can strike off on my own and meet-up at the appointed place and time. That will be much easier to do if I actually know what time it is.

Well, now I can. I have a new watch and I can give the others the private time they want and not have to worry that I am infringing on their private time. (I am still worried that I am not giving the others enough "alone time" but then, I am just prone to worrying and obsessing about things I needn't worry about. I seem to spend a lot of time doing it, in fact.

Wherever you are today, I hope you are having the time of your life.

Don Bergquist – 31 October 2007 – Cape Town, South Africa.

No comments: