Thursday, October 04, 2007

Recovery

The high point in a stressful day (I worried about saga all day. It was hard to concentrate at the office) was when I called the vet after her surgery. She came through with flying colors according to what I was told. No, that's not really what I was told… I was told that "He" had come through "His" surgery with flying colors.

"I'm calling to ask about Saga." I said when the nurse answered the phone.

"Yes, sir. Let me ask the surgery nurse for you." She responded.

Moments later: "Yes, sir. I am Saga is awake and happy. He came through his surgery just fine. He is still on the drip and has already eaten. So he'll be happy to see you when you come get him."

I didn't recognize the voice as one of the vet nurses that I knew, so I was willing to bet she had not actually met Saga Roo. "Given that she was there to get spayed, I hope you mean 'She' is doing well…" I said.

The nurse chuckled and said yes; that was what she meant.

There was a bit more to the story than that which I learned when I went to get her. Apparently, she had had a little more bleeding than the vet had expected, but the vet was certain that Saga was fin and would be recovering just great.

Last night and this morning she was still feeling the after-affects of the anesthesia. She is listless and walking a bit strangely, but she will eat a bite or two. I'm headed into work early today and going to try and get home around lunch time to spend more time with her today. Poor thing! I know that this was the right thing to do as it will save her from all the trauma of having all those false pregnancies… I just wish her a quick recovery!

Wherever you are today, I hope you're having a good day!

Don Bergquist – 04 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

2 comments:

Hyperspider said...

I am glad he (<-oops) she is doing well.

Unknown said...

Hey, Mike!

Yeah, she is doing better. She HATED the collar that was supposed to keep her from chewing the incision. But as she was only licking and as the collar gave her so much stress, I sat with her all weekend and decided that today, she could go without it…

I hope that I haven't made a horrible mistake there.

Don