Monday, April 23, 2007

TSA

I'm sorry! I hadn't realized that TSA stood for Thieves, Sneaks and Assholes!

I got in yesterday and unpacked my bags in Thames Ditton only to discover one of those TSA slips telling me that "for my security" my baggage had been opened and searched by Homeland Security's Travel Safety Administration staff.

Apparently, it was also in the interest of my safety that TSA had removed the five bottles of Tabasco Sauce that I had packed in that case for my friend in the UK. I suppose that it was in the interest of public safety that the TSA opened a sealed box of prescription medication, opened the bottle within the box, opened the tamper-proof lining inside the bottle cap and left it to spill the allergy pills all over the inside of my suitcase!

Explain to me again… why is it I like to travel?

I hope that wherever you are, your luggage is intact.

Don Bergquist - 23 April 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: