Monday, April 09, 2007

Plans Change

Some times plans change. Some times, I find-out about it.

After a lovely nap yesterday, I took a bike ride, and then had a shower, dressed, and headed to The Albany. It's a lovely pub in the neighborhood on the river. I don't know why we don't go there more often. It's a nice enough place.

So, there I was. I beat my friends to the pub and waited on the dock. On such a lovely afternoon, the river really draws people out. They were out in droves yesterday. After waiting a short while, I sent a message to my friends to see where they were.

"Oops!" Came the response back. "Plans have changed. We've been invited to a barbecue this afternoon. We're meeting at the Albion."

So, the plans had changed and the person who was supposed to tell me got distracted and forgot. No problem. I cycled back to the villa, parked my bike and called a car. (Not knowing where the party was, I decided to take a car rather than cycling. Good thing too; the party was over in Hampton.)

It was the first time I had been to this friend's house and it was lovely. Their garden was in bloom and the meal was wonderful. We stayed there late last night and I literally fell into bed completely drained last night.

This morning I had a nice leisurely breakfast, brushed Saga and watched some television, having a nice, pleasant morning. After posting this and uploading my pictures this morning I am definitely going for a bike ride. This afternoon, I have no plans and what bliss!

I love bank holidays!

I hope that wherever you are today, you're having an excellent day!

Don Bergquist - 09 April 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: