Sunday, April 08, 2007

Midway Through The Weekend

You've gotta love the concept that this weekend will be four days long! I've already had a full two-day weekend and am embarking immediately on another.

Last night I got to the midway in time to see the sunset and take pictures before and after dusk. I've always loved light-trail pictures (when done well) and so I wanted to take some pictures of the midway while active.

My shoot was pretty uneventful except for the short period of time when these three yobs came up to me on the midway as I was waiting for a ride to start so I could take one of these pictures.

"Wha's at?" One of them slurred lazily at me, indicating my camera. I shook my head, rolled my eyes, and ignored him. One of his mates came up to my right and repeated the question.

"Yeah, Whazzat?"

"It's a camera." I replied tartly, continuing to get ready for the shot.

"Take my pitcher." The third one said placing his nose within an inch of my camera's lens.

What is it about people having a camera in public that makes people think they want to take your picture? I happened to me a few times last night. Complete strangers came up to me and told me to take their picture.

Well, the yobs were not taking "no" for an answer. Among their inanities they spewed in my direction, they offered to buy my camera from me for £10 (which I doubted they had), they told me the could easily steal it and run away, they told me that their mobile was worth £800 and offered a trade.

Luckily, my friends, Angie and Terry came up and the yobs beat it. I finished my photography, took a couple rides, and then headed to the pub. We were there until closing bell.

This morning, I am resting. We're having dinner at a local pub down on the river. I have no real plan for the day, but my allergies are acting up. I think I ill take a pill and a nap before dinner.

I hope that wherever you are today, you're having an excellent Easter!


Don Bergquist - 08 April 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: