Saturday, April 14, 2007

Good News/Bad News

What a way to start the weekend! I arrived at my home in Lakewood around 23:00 last evening and fell almost immediately into bed! I conked-out and was dead to the world for the next few hours. I awoke to see that the weather had held.

Yes! The weather in Lakewood this morning is absolutely lovely, which is a good thing because I was truly concerned that I was not going to make it back home in time to do any of the things I needed to get done this week. The weather service had a sever weather storm warning for the region of Colorado I live in.

The good news is that the storm moved to the south of us and the roads are clear, the skies are blue and the temperatures are clement. The bad news is that my damn car is dead! I have to take it into the shop to be checked out. It isn’t just the battery being discharged. I had it jump started and it was running fine for about 20 minutes and then I got in it to drive to the first appointment I had made myself but it died a block from home.

Luckily, I paid for a service that my dealership offered that gives me free replacement cars whenever I have my car worked on. I am driving a Toyota while my Honda is being serviced. Of course, I cannot get my car inspected so I cannot get my plates renewed, but there are plenty of other things on my list today!

I hope that wherever you are today, your day is going well!

Don Bergquist - April 14 2007 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: