Friday, April 06, 2007

Bank Holiday Weekend

God Bless The British!

There may be controversy about this, but the best thing in the history of humanity the British are responsible for the best thing to ever be invented b humanity.

I am, of course, talking about the bank holiday weekend!

Every spring, there is a wonderful four-day span that is called the Easter Bank Holiday weekend. It's great! A couple days added to the normal weekend for the benefit of the working man! What bliss!

If the weather is nice (as it is today), all the better! I took the morning to myself and went for a nice long bike ride. There are dandelions in bloom and although they are a pernicious weed, they are still pretty.

After my ride, I had a nice lunch and then uploaded my pictures. My friends from Molesey have invited me to their place for dinner tonight so, on this lovely, sunny day, I think I'm going to take a book out to the back garden, lay out a blanket and read.

I hope that wherever you are today, you're having a beautiful one!

Don Bergquist - 06 April 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: