Saturday, April 07, 2007

England in Bloom

Spring is in full swing in Thames Ditton. The daffodils days are coming to their end. All manner of other flowers are coming into their own.

Today on my bike ride, I came across alyssum, poppies, violas, and others. There are trees in bud and in bloom. There are grasses pushing their way up, soon to be mown again. In short, it is almost time to worry about allergies.

A friend asked me over this morning to help me work on my bike. (I'd last night that I needed to get off a kick-stand that was inoperable but had no tools to do it.) Joe and I worked to try to loose the bolt holding it on. In the end, we used a hack-saw, hammer and screwdriver to cut and break it off.

My new (operable) kickstand in place, I went off on my ride. It's another great day here in Thames Ditton! The skies are blue and clear. The winds are light and the temperatures are in the high sixties! What a great day for a weekend!

Today I saw a dandelion puffball that was in bloom in front of the dandelion blossom. I kind-of reminded me of the picture (from 2001: A Space Odyssey) of the sun rising behind the earth as seen from the moon.

Tonight I am heading to the fun fair and then the pub with my friends. More pictures tomorrow.

I hope that wherever you are today, you have a great day!

Don Bergquist - 07 April 27 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: