Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Mustard

On the way to the airport last week, I noticed this lovely field of mustard in full bloom.

The British countryside is so lovely this time of year! Even the roads that I have been riding down as a part of my daily exercise are colorful with the blossoms of spring. I absolutely love this time of year. Of course, the fact that I saw an allergist to get new prescriptions, makes it tolerable that I'm apparently allergic to everything I am passing.

Oh well! I think the beauty outweighs the sniffling!

I hope wherever you are this morning, it’s a lovely day! (It's raining here.)

Don Bergquist - 24 April 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

2 comments:

Alpen Schatz said...

Hi Don!

As you know, I used to live in the UK and it is still very dear to my heart. This was my favourite time of the year, too. The field that you have posted is actually a Rape field. They make Rapeseed oil out of this plant.

I used to always take my trips up to Yorkshire or down to Cornwall around this time as I so loved to see these brilliant, cheery, yellow fields on my drive. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mary Dawn!

I had wondered… It looks a bit like Canola (a variant of Rape which I have seen growing in Canada) but when I asked my driver, he said it was Mustard. I think you may be right.

So it is either Rape or Mustard but most likely this is a Rape field.

djb