Thursday, March 01, 2007

Too Busy To Write Today

I am sorry to do this so recently into a new location, but I have been really busy at the client site and will be again today. It is a hot and muggy day in South Africa. The sun has just come up and it is already 25 degrees (Celsius) according to the weather on the television.

The people I have been dealing with here are all very nice. I have been made to feel right at home. (Okay, yes! I mean they think I talk funny and they laugh at some of the things that I say because the idioms I use mean different things here.)

I've been putting in long hours at MNET and hopefully getting a lot of stuff accomplished. The people at the hotel have been nice enough too. Too bad that the hotel itself is not what I am used to. For one thing, there is no internet access from my room. There is also only spotty internet coverage in the lobby where they insist you have to go to get online.

My telephone in my room works only periodically; and at that, only for incoming calls. There is no pool, and the restaurant only opens for breakfast two hours a day.

Oh well. I should really save this and get to the office. There is a lot to do today. My colleague from the states and I are going to meet for breakfast and then head to the client's office. I have no idea when I am going to get a chance to upload my journal entries, but hopefully I can get online tonight.

I hope that wherever you are today, you have a great day!

Don Bergquist - 01 March 2007 - Randberg, South Africa

No comments: