Saturday, March 17, 2007

Winter Returns?

Every Newscast that I have seen in the past week said that winder would be returning. Yeah, Right!

You couldn’t tell it from the beautiful, sunlit day that I rode through this morning. The sun is shining; it is warm out and the winds, while gusting occasionally to an uncomfortable level, they are averaging to a pretty calm level. This belies the predictions that are made for the weekend that we'll be having snow by the end of the week.

The wilderness is absolutely lovely! The fields of daffodils, for the moment, are large swathes of yellow and white. I love this time of year! I wore a tee-shirt and shorts with sandals for my ride. I was wearing jeans and a light jacket earlier when I went to the store but it was warm enough out that I got uncomfortably warm.

My ride took me up to New Malden, then over to Richmond, down around bushy park and into the wilderness where I took a break. The wilderness is lovely this time of year! There are always flowers there in the spring that I hadn't noticed before; like these bluebells that were growing along the margin of a field of daffodils.

On the way home, I decided to stop in at The King's Arms. They have a new crest and signage now that they are re-opened as a hotel. Their planter boxes are now brimming with flowers and it is lovely this morning.

By the time I returned home, I'd had a lovely thirty-mile ride. The day continues to be lovely but I have things that must be done here at home, so I suppose I should get to it!

Wherever you are today, I hope your day is starting off with a bang!

Don Bergquist - 17 March 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: