Thursday, March 22, 2007

A View from Abroad

Is it just me or is the political campaign season starting unusually early this year? My god! We've already got the field of candidates for the presidency lying about each other on the news and being quoted over here.

I really prefer the method they have over here where the entire campaign lasts perhaps three months! I like politics and all, but would prefer that the mudslinging be confined to a small compact time span. At least when the campaign is compact, it forces the candidates to talk about what they want to do. Issues are forced to the forefront.

Oh well, at least we're citizens and not subjects to the whims of a monarch. (We're citizens who are subject to the whims of a wanker who thinks he's a monarch.)

I hope wherever you are today, you're having a great day!

Don Bergquist - 22 March 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: