Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Winter Returns!

Okay, I guess the weathercasters are looking at this as a "better late than never" scenario.

Yesterday as I was on my lunchtime bike ride, the weather changed. Literally that quickly! When I left the office it was cool and sunny. I stopped off at the Villa for a brief bite to eat and a couple minutes playing with Saga and then headed off to ride around the river course that I ride at lunchtime. I had to add a trip down to West Molesey to collect the mail for a friend who is out of town. This was what caught-me-up.

Heading west through Hampton Court the skies suddenly blackened. As I crossed the river back into Surrey the skies started spitting down a light drizzle. By the time I reached Beauchamp road I was in the midst of a full-scale sleet storm.

I collected the mail and headed back to the office as quickly as I could. It was miserable riding. This morning the skies were pouring down a mixture of rain and snow. I've been sitting in the lounge at The Villa checking my email since 05:30 and waiting for a break so I don't have to ride to the office while it is pissing down a freezing drizzle. As soon as there is even the slightest break in the rain I am headed into the office.

The rain is falling, the temperatures are hovering around freezing, the sun is (presumably) rising behind the clouds. I think Saga has the right idea. She's snoozing curled-up in front of the radiator.

I hope wherever you are today, you're warm, comfortable, and snoozing when you want to!

Don Bergquist - 20 March 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: