Saturday, March 24, 2007

Virgin Media Sucks!

At the risk of repeating myself I really detest Virgin Media!

The cable at the house used to be ntl but they got bought-out by Virgin Media. Since then we've had nothing but problems. The system suddenly re-arranges itself for no apparent reason, channels changing their position on the box and then changing back when we complain. (They claim that they didn't do anything to cause this to happen.)

Today was the last straw! I've been working from home all day hoping that the cable engineer would be coming out to fix the box which has been acting up for the past month. He was supposed to be here some time between 08:00 and 13:00. The problem is that by 14:30 he has still not shown-up. Why?

That was my question when I called in. They informed me that they had decided to cancel my appointment (without telling me) because the cable bill had not been paid. Problem is that it has been paid. We have been paying it by automatic debit of a company credit card since it was set-up and the car has been billed each month. They, however, show the account two months in arrears, so, without so much as a word to me, after having scheduled this appointment only a day ago, the decided to cancel the appointment and just let me sit and wait.

God, what tossers! I hate Virgin Media!

I hope that wherever you are today, you don't have to deal with Virgin Media!

Don Bergquist - 24 March 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: