Friday, December 29, 2006

Yule Blog: Feast of St. Sapiens the Wise

It's far nicer here than there!

The weather reports are that Denver is under another severe weather alert again today. Just this time last week, the city was being assaulted by a blizzard that shutdown the airport, dumped four-feet of snow on my deck and caused the governor to call a state of emergency.

According to the weather channel, the high temperature back home today is supposed to crest around 25° and the snow will be falling between 1"-2" per hour until sunrise and continuing to fall, though less intensely for most of the day! (Please remember that as I sit here in London writing this, it is around 23:00 back home in Denver and the sunrise is a good eight hours away.

By contrast, it is a lovely day here. The temperatures are going to fall off a bit from yesterday's highs in the mid-fifties, to crest in the mid-forties today; that's about thirteen Celsius. It has been foggy for the past few days but dry. Today they are predicting it to start raining.

Yesterday, I got notice that there was a package for me at the post office. I took a ride into the Kingston/Surbiton Mail Delivery center to collect the package that was too big to slip through the letterbox. It was a nice ride to a part of town I haven't been to before. Unfortunately, I seem to have picked-up a nail or a piece of glass in my bike tire.

This morning I have a flat! Drat! My bike shop closes on Christmas while the proprietor goes off on a three-week holiday! I'm gonna have to find another bike shop! Quick!

I hope wherever you are, the weather is beautiful and there's air in your tires!

Don Bergquist - 29 December 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: