Tuesday, December 05, 2006

This is Why I went to Copenhagen!

It is just after 16:00 and we are crossing the boarder between Colorado and Kansas. At least that is what the captain just said. It all looks like a dreary, flat expanse of prairie land below us. The snow from a couple days ago is still trying desperately to hold-out for the next cold snap and it looks as if it may make it.

The flight attendant has just brought me my second Gin and Tonic of the flight and asked if there was anything else she could do to make my flight more comfortable. "Nothing that I can think of..." was my response. Oh, yes. I am sitting in the first class cabin of Northwest Airlines flight 1220 bound for Detroit. This is the first leg of my trip back to the UK.

Going to Copenhagen last month left my frequent flier balance at a level high enough to bring my frequent flyer status to "GOLD" so the airline has (at no charge) upgraded my seat to First Class. (Score!) The flight to London is far more pleasurable with a little pampering on the part of the airline!

I heard from my sister just as I was getting to the airport that the vet in Miami completed Saga's paperwork for the USDA incorrectly so Mary had to have it sent back. "This may delay Saga's departure." She told me.

They corrected and resubmitted the paperwork and it is now all sorted-out. Saga flies tomorrow. In addition, apparent, Saga now (at least on paper) belongs to Mary.

I assured her that I would take good care of "her" dog when Saga made it to London and that she (Saga) would be well cared for. This did cause me about five minutes of worry, but as I learned in my Dale Carnegie classes, there is no real need to worry about things that you have no control over.

Besides, I had more to worry about that I could do things about. The bags I packed, while in combination were within my allowance, they were, over the limit individually. I had to move a bottle of shampoo (to shift one-and-a-half pounds) from one bag to the other. Luckily, I am flying in First Class... Were it otherwise, my bags would be over the limit for checking and I would owe the airline an extra $50.00 to bring them with me.

Well, that G&T isn't going to drink itself. I guess I had best save this, put away my laptop and get back to reading and enjoying the comforts of First Class! I'll post this from London when I land tomorrow.

I hope that wherever you are today, you're going in style!

Don Bergquist - 05 December 2006 - NWA 1220, Somewhere over Kansas

No comments: