Saturday, December 30, 2006

Yule Blog: Feast of St. Anysia

Saga and I went to the park today.

This is exciting only because for the first time ever, Saga went to the park in her new trailer. I found the trailer online at a pet supply store. There were a number of things about it that I do not care for. For example, it is wide enough that it can only come into the house through one door. There are a couple screws that I could not remove because they had been driven into the frame beyond the point where they still had threads so I could not fit the fenders that are supposed to be over the wheels. But they are not really necessary, I suppose.

Saga took to it immediately and enjoyed the ride around through Kingston and into the park. She was excited to get out when we got there. Good thing I had left her lead on, the first thing she wanted to do was to chase after the wildlife.

My mate, Kevin, told me that as she was a foreign dog, she could probably get away with one slip. She could get to try and herd the deer once. After that, she would be in trouble.
I'm happy to report that there was no deer herding activity going on. She was the perfect lady! (Well, she didn't herd any deer, she really wasn't a perfect lady!

There is this fantastic old fallen tree by the Leg-Of-Mutton Pond that I wanted her to pose on. She was a bit troublesome to work with, but then as W. C. Fields observed: "Never work with children or animals!"

I was able to get a couple of pictures of her that came out good. I cannot wait to make this trip again. Perhaps when she gets a bit more used to going to the park with Daddy she'll be a bit calmer model.

She was wonderful while in the trailer, only having to be told a couple times not to claw at the net closures. She did receive a lot of greetings from the people we passed. She seemed right in her element as the children in the park pointed and said "Oh! Look at the pretty doggy!" (Have I mentioned how much she loves getting compliments?

I hope wherever you are today, this penultimate day of 2006 has been a great one for you!

Don Bergquist - 30 December 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: