Saturday, December 02, 2006

...Like a Chicken with Its Head Chopped Off

So much for the plan! I have about a dozen things left to do on my personal list of things I need to have done this weekend! Perhaps that is why I awoke this morning at 01:30 and was unable to get back to sleep!

On top of all the errands I had to run, I was asked by a friend to take some pictures for her to use on her Christmas Letter and Cards. (I think this picure of her dogs came out really well...) After that, I had to run out to the grocery stores to do a bit of shopping for my friends back in the UK. I also have some other errands that I need to do to get the house ready for me to leave it for the next few months, get some last minute Christmas Shopping (and shipping) done, and get my dry cleaning so that I can pack the trip. Those were the high points, but there were many more things on the list.

Let me just say that I finished all that I could today. There are still an uncomfortably large number of things left on my list, but I am so stressed over what I have done and whether it is done correctly, that I am in need of just relaxing, chilling, and having a break from the stress for a while.

This evening I have been invited to go over to a friend's place for dinner. I am looking forward to seeing them again. I haven't seen these friends in a year... as a matter of fact; almost exactly a year ago I took pictures for them for their Christmas Letter!

I am looking forward to seeing them again. I am making myself a promise not to even think about all that I have left on my list again until tomorrow! (A little constructive, recreational, avoidance of the problem.)

I hope wherever you are today, you have a wonderful day and your stress level is manageable!

Don Bergquist - 02 December 2006 - Lakewood, Colorado.

No comments: