Saturday, December 16, 2006

A lovely afternoon!

It is just after six and I have just returned from a trip up into London.

I have a friend in town for a while who wanted me to show him what I have been enjoying whilst I have been in the UK. Where does one start?

We started at a pub called The Wellington, which is just across the street from the Waterloo Rail Station. (It has to suck if you are French and have just come in from Paris on the EuroStar to be reminded of the defeat.)

We then took a walking tour around some of the more famous places in central London (At least we stopped at those I could remember how to get to: St. Paul's Cathedral, Blackfriar's, Grayfriar's, the Old Bailey, etc.) After sunset we parted at Waterloo, I went home to meet with some friends for drinks at the pub (and to feed Saga) he returned to the home he is staying in.

It was a lovely day! The sun shone, the temperatures remained moderate and the rain of the past few days was nowhere to be seen.

I hope wherever you are today, your day has been a pleasant one!

Don Bergquist - 16 December 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: