Monday, December 25, 2006

Yule Blog: Christmas Day

It's my first Christmas in the United Kingdom and it is a lovely morning! Well, it is a bit overcast, actually, but the temperature is nice and it is not raining.

There's lots to do today so I have to get Saga ready to travel. My friends, Terry and Angie have invited me over to their house for Christmas day. We're going to have brunch and then do something so traditional that I probably needn't say it. We're going to pop into the pub for a pint.

Later we'll have Christmas dinner and open presents. I am wondering how Saga will take to this all. She will be in a room with lots of strangers and lots of activity. She did well last evening when we went over for Christmas Eve, but there was little activity and everybody was petting her and telling her things she wanted to hear:

"Here's a little Ham, Saga" and "Oh, you’re such a pretty girl!" and "Do you want a cookie?"

(Saga isn't spoiled, she KNOWS herself to be the most important being in all of creation!)

Well, I'd better be getting ready to motor! Terry should be calling on me any time now.

I hope that wherever you are today, you're having a Merry Christmas!

Don Bergquist - 25 December 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey UK

No comments: