Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Yule Blog: Feast of St. John

It was back to work for me today! After all this party food and socializing, it was nice to roll into the office at 06:00 and sit alone in a dark office, working on testing software. A small island of normalcy in a sea of festivities.

There is one place that I want to avoid at all cost today and I have been pretty successful doing so! That place is anywhere that even remotely resembles a shopping mall! How lucky am I that this is a work day, then?

At lunch time, I did go near a mall, but that was just to head into town and go to the bank. You see, I have taken one step closer to allowing myself to relocate here. (…should that be in the cards for the New Year!) I have opened a bank account. My thoughts are drawn to a line from A Place For My Stuff by George Carlin: "Supply lines are getting longer and harder to maintain."

I now have my first ever foreign bank account. How exciting is that? (And I'm not even using it as a tax dodge!)

This evening, I assembled Saga's bike Trailer and took it for a short test run. It is going to take a little bit of trying to get used to having it behind me. I cannot turn as sharply. But then, that's the same as having a trailer behind a car or a tractor. Saga and I watched some television after that and now, I am finishing this blog entry so I can head up to bed.

I hope wherever you are today, you've had an excellent day!

Don Bergquist - 27 December 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: