Monday, March 20, 2006

Winter Ends Today!

Yes, The Wilderness was in bloom yesterday! I got some nice pictures of the flowers in bloom. It looks like a great spring will be starting soon. That is if it quits getting cold again!

I'm sitting at the counter eating my breakfast and looking at the pictures on my camera. They are excellent. I'll pick a couple nice ones to go with this and upload later when I get into the office.

What a lovely day yesterday was! I had a nice ride around the circuit and then locked my bicycle in front of the pub. I walked into the wilderness and was greeted by a blaze of color. It seems that you need to pick a day that is fairly warm and see the gardens after the sun has been on them for a couple hours.

Every time it starts to bloom, we get another cold snap and the crocuses retreat. Well, at 16:48 today the winter will come to an end and the spring will officially start so perhaps we'll get more warm days and the color will explode.

I know, I know! You're probably all reaching for your book marks so that in a few months as the Summer Solstice approaches and I am griping about the heat you can remind me that I was also complaining about the cold. Save it... I will already point that out when I start complaining about the heat!

I hope that wherever the end of the winter finds you, you'll find the temperatures to your liking!

Don Bergquist - 20-March-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: